Building Better Communities
EBSCO Information Services contributes to building better communities through both direct financial support and employee engagement.
We partner with more than 30 local charities, schools and organizations with a focus on research, technology, education and the environment. We know that volunteering and giving back are also important to our employees. We are proud to offer paid time off for all US-based employees to further support their volunteer efforts.
Our Local Community Initiatives
Change Is Simple
Corporate sponsor of Change Is Simple – an organization with a mission to instill lifelong social and environmental responsibility through experiential learning.
Volunteering monthly at the Ipswich DinnerBell. Employees assist a non-profit collaboration of churches and community organizations that serve meals to all who come.
Supporting computer science enrichment programming for high school girls in a local community, specifically through the Girls Who Code curriculum.
Essex County Community Foundation
Supporting the Essex County Community Foundation through their Empowering Economic Opportunity initiative, a data-driven community leadership project.
Service Dog Project
Partnering with Service Dog Project in Ipswich, MA. The dogs visit educational institutions to offer stress relief and companionship to students and faculty during finals week.
Ipswich River Watershed Association
Supporting the Ipswich River Watershed Association’s volunteer, education and internship programs.
Providing gifts and support to local families in need during the holiday season.
North Shore YMCA
Supporting a summer literacy program sponsored by the North Shore YMCA to help bridge the summer reading gap for elementary school children in the community.
Our Library Community Initiatives
- Provide scholarships for librarians to attend national conferences, partnering with organizations including ACRL and ALA
- Support the submissions for and awarding of the John Cotton Dana Awards, one of the most prestigious awards given to libraries for public relations campaigns
- Offer awards for library innovation and outstanding books, including the SEE-IT Awards for graphic novels
- Offer grants for libraries to adopt solar energy through the EBSCO Solar program
- Provide free research databases online including EBSCO Open Dissertations.
- Support and promote open access
- Contribute resources, staffing and funding to open source projects, including Open Library Foundation and FOLIO Open Library Services Platform
Our Employee Initiatives
EBSCO provides onsite sustainability options for employees including electric car charging stations, hybrid company cars, recycled paper products, facilities powered by solar energy, semiannual electronics recycling days, a certified green cafeteria and a reimbursement program for employee use of public transportation.
At the office, EBSCO employees host blood drives, recycling programs, collections for local nonprofits and corporate races to raise awareness.
At EBSCO, we understand the importance of building better communities and meeting the needs of our employees and our customers. We have invested in green initiatives on our campus and funded EBSCO Solar Grants for libraries. We also support various local and employee initiatives to improve our community along with open source projects designed to foster industry-wide innovation.
— Tim Collins, President
EBSCO Information Services