How We Show Up for Each Other
We are a customer-focused, results-oriented company with a culture characterized by open communication, fact-based decision-making and accountability.
- Emotional intelligence — we are self-aware and have empathy for others
- Drive — we do our best at everything we do, no matter how small the task
- Positive attitude — we see the glass as half full
- Eagerness to understand — we operate with a growth mindset and eagerly seek to learn and understand
- Sound judgment — we do our homework and draw logical conclusions
How We Work Together
Trust & Respect
We assume the best of our employees and their intent to do the right thing.
Diversity & Inclusion
We understand each individual is unique, and recognize and value our differences. Learn more.
We win as a team, not as individuals.
We share our thinking with each other.
We are responsible for our choices and actions.
We offer flexibility to support individual lifestyles, while balancing business needs, the health and safety of our employees and maintaining our culture. There are many benefits to our hybrid work model including:
- Allows greater flexibility for the majority of employees
- Expands our reach to recruit and hire diverse, top talent — work locations are flexible
- Reduces commute time for many, and increases opportunity to spend more time with family, friends and oneself
- Reduces individual and company carbon footprint, resulting in a positive impact on the environment
- Improves productivity — we have demonstrated individual and company productivity is as good or better when working remotely
Interested in joining us? Search EBSCO Careers.
Together We Give Back
At EBSCO, giving back to our community is part of who we are. Our corporate citizenship mission is to empower growth and support the needs of people and communities through sustainability, leadership and educational opportunities.
EBSCO contributes to building better communities through both direct financial support and employee engagement. We partner with more than 30 local charities, schools and organizations with a focus on research, technology, education and the environment.
We know that volunteering and giving back are also important to our employees. We are proud to offer paid time off for all US-based employees to further support their volunteer efforts.
Our Library Community Initiatives
EBSCO is dedicated to supporting the future of libraries, and we participate in the library community in several ways including:
- Providing scholarships for librarians to attend national conferences, partnering with organizations including ACRL, ALA and The Joint Conference of Librarians of Color which is sponsored by five associations of ethnic librarians
- Supporting the ARL Kaleidoscope Program, creating annual opportunities for librarians of color to take internships in academic library settings
- Supporting the submissions for and awarding of the John Cotton Dana Awards, one of the most prestigious awards given to libraries for public relations campaigns
- Offering grants for libraries to adopt solar energy through the EBSCO Solar program
- Providing free research databases online including EBSCO Open Dissertations
- Supporting and promoting open access
- Contributing resources, staffing and funding to open source projects, including Open Library Foundation and FOLIO Open Library Services Platform
EBSCO’s goal is to continue to grow as a company while simultaneously making a positive impact on the environment. A number of key company-wide programs aid in our green efforts, and we encourage individual responsibility through ongoing company-sponsored promotion and education. These initiatives include:
- The EBSCO Solar program
- Adoption of solar energy panels on the company’s Ipswich campus
- Sustainable building practices on our Birmingham campus
- Extensive waste reduction and donation programs
- Complimentary offering of the GreenFILE database
- Support for SolarSPELL which helps schools in developing countries access educational resources via solar-powered WiFi
- Committed to achieving carbon neutrality
EBSCO’s employee-led Green Team is focused on reducing the environmental impact of EBSCO as a company and increasing awareness of green initiatives and practices amongst employees as individuals.
Photo of solar garden installed by Athens Regional Library System, made possible by an EBSCO Solar grant.