Key Content and Features
- More than 16,000 primary and secondary sources, including government and court documents, photos, maps, audio recordings, videos and more
- Nearly 3,300 biographies of famous political and military figures
- Chronologically and thematically organized content
- Examinations of the connections between past and future events, with special coverage of issues of continuing relevance
- Basic and advanced search options to return the most relevant results
- Standards-based curriculum updated daily by a team of subject-specific editorial experts and supported by an extensive range of instructional material
- Commentaries from noted scholars that reflect multiple points of view and stimulate critical thinking
- Academic Success Corner with resources to help students develop reading, writing and research skills
- Educator support center containing valuable professional development tools, curriculum guides, lesson plans and more
The American History website is a remarkable tool that will give learning U.S. history new appeal to young adults. Students will enjoy using it and it will give teachers the opportunity to teach U.S. history in a new and exciting format.
— American Reference Books Annual
Available in both academic and school versions, American History moves student researchers beyond the simple memorizing of names and dates toward a deeper understanding of America's fascinating, complex story including its earliest origins, westward expansion, social movements, internal conflicts, and defining moments.
A database to complement American history courses
Integrating American politics, science, culture, philosophy, and economics, this authoritative database explores the ongoing development of the United States. Aligned with major textbooks and research-driven best practices, American History offers a uniquely complete American history library collection and also serves as a dependable online resource for research-ready reference, projects and exam preparation.
Created in collaboration with scholars, educators, and librarians, American History provides students with citation information at their fingertips and a highly visual and engaging interface.