- Full text for leading Australia/New Zealand magazines, newspapers and newswires
- Full text for leading Australia/New Zealand reference books
- More than 93,000 full-text biographies
- An image collection of more than 1.6 million photos, maps and flags
- Video encyclopedia of the 20th century
Catering to the Research Needs of Australia and New Zealand
Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre provides full text for leading Australia/New Zealand magazines, newspapers and newswires and includes content from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
In addition, this database provides full text for leading Australia/New Zealand reference books including Australian Marine Fish, Australian Wildlife, Australian Encyclopedia – About Australia, Australian Encyclopedia – History of Australia, New Zealand and more.
Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre can be accessed via EBSCOhost or Explora, EBSCO's dedicated interface for schools and public libraries.
School Curriculum Support
Educators using Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre will find a variety of text types (source types) to enhance curriculum delivery across disciplines. Here are a few learning objectives that the content in this database can support:
- Comprehend multi-modal texts through listening, reading and viewing
- Link and summarise information from different sources
- Identify embedded perspectives and evaluate supporting evidence
New Zealand Curriculum
- Understand how texts are shaped for different purposes and audiences
- Understand ideas within, across, and beyond texts
- Integrate sources of information, processes and strategies to identify, form and express ideas