- More than 1,700 monographs
- Coverage from 1487 to 1918
- Individual popes and the papacy
- The Catholic Counter-Reformation
- The Oxford Movement in Britain
- The Vatican I Ecumenical Council
From the American Theological Library Association (ATLA), Catholic Engagements with the Modern World features many papal biographies, responses to the Protestant Reformation, treatises and criticisms of the Marian Doctrine, and the Catholic Church’s response to the social changes and secular philosophies that resulted from the Enlightenment.
Explore other thematic collections in the ATLA Monographs Collection (11 Series)