- More than 280 indexed journals, 180 of which are currently indexed
- Over 400,000 records with coverage dating back to 1956
- Indexing for over 270,000 articles and 140,000 reviews
- More than 100 academic journals
- More than 60 peer-reviewed journals
Unique and Comprehensive Coverage
A majority of the journals covered within the Christian Periodical Index are unique titles to the database. Prominent subjects in these journals include religion, theology, biblical studies and pastoral theology. Christian Periodical Index also provides indexing for journals which put forth a Christian worldview from other disciplines, including science, business, psychology, literature, medicine, music, philosophy, history, sociology and education.
Includes Top Journals
Notable indexed titles include Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, Leadership, Journal of Christian Nursing, Hymn, Bible and Spade, Group, Youth Ministry Magazine, Journal of Psychology and Theology and Journal of Psychology and Christianity. Coverage is representative of the major doctrinal positions within evangelical Christianity. This database is updated on a quarterly basis.