- Nearly 300 art history periodicals
- Coverage from mid-1850 to late 1960s
- International range of publications
- Western European and American fine arts
- Coverage of some decorative arts from the 4th to 19th centuries
Articles selected for indexing from these periodicals focus on art history and works of art. Originally produced on catalog cards, the index features access points important for research, including artists, artworks, private and public collections, exhibitions, and reproductions.