- More than 640,000 full-text records from peer-reviewed journals, reference books, periodicals and other sources
- Nearly 2,000 full-text reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books
- More than 140 full-text history journals and magazines
- More than 81,000 full-text biographies of historical figures
- More than 56,000 full-text primary source documents
- More than 45,000 images, including maps and historical photos
- 83+ hours of historical video
Quality Content to Support Research & Instruction
History Reference Center content comes from leading history publishers such as Branden Publishing, Compass Point Books, Houghton Mifflin, Lerner Publishing Group, Mason Crest Publishers, Morgan Reynolds, Inc., Oxford University Press and Rourke Publishing LLC, and includes exclusive proprietary content from Salem Press.
Available via EBSCOhost or its own dedicated interface, History Reference Center features variety of resources to help educators prepare their students to meet curriculum goals, such as lesson plans and rich multimedia content to enhance delivery. In addition, articles include Lexile® Measures to address text complexity requirements.
History Reference Center also links to EBSCO's Curriculum Standards Module, a tool that can help teachers in the U.S. and Canada correlate EBSCO content quickly and easily to Common Core, state, or provincial curriculum standards. The module provides browsing of specific benchmarks, many which have recommended search strings for successful content retrieval.
History Reference Center supports students and educators with the following functionality:
- Mobile-friendly interface available 24/7 via desktop, smartphone or tablet — both at school and at home
- Simple search box for keyword, author and title searching
- Autocomplete and spell checker to ensure the correct search terms are applied
- Advanced search options, thematic navigation and the ability to explore topics by historic era
- Ability to sort search results by content type, publication date, subject or publication
- Text-to-speech for HTML articles to assist auditory learners, struggling readers or those learning English
- Personal folders for saving and sharing content
- Citation tool to help students format bibliographic references
- Ability to save, print and e-mail citations directly from the interface
- Google Classroom integration, allowing educators using Google Apps for Education to quickly share content with students