- Content from technical and industry-based sources
- Key news, commercial and market information is also covered
- More than a million records dating back as far as 1972, with new information added every month
- Approximately 80,000 new records added every year
- Coverage spanning all topics related to the science, technology, and business of polymers
- Global coverage with content derived from 30 different countries in multiple languages
- Records produced utilizing a custom thesaurus built over more than 30 years, with input from a team of specialist abstractors
- Extensive keywording from the full text aids searching, averaging more than 40 terms per item indicating important points on the topic plus key features of the article
Polymer Library is somewhat distinctive among primary science and technology databases because it features unusually deep coverage not only of the scientific and technical aspects of polymers...but also equally thorough coverage of the legal, legislative, regulatory and business aspects of these materials.
Extensive Content from Relevant Source Materials
Polymer Library includes references from over 450 journals, together with conference papers, specifications and standards, books, reports, press releases, company literature, data sheets and directories. Also included are Patent records from 1994 - 2001.
Source material is predominantly English and German, but does include items in a variety of languages where possible (all titles and abstracts are given in English or German). Coverage is international, with materials sourced from around the world including North America, Australia, across Europe, Japan, China and India.
Broad, Yet Focused Subject Coverage
All aspects of the science, technology and business of polymers are covered to meet the needs of all researchers.
- Science: Polymerisation and Synthesis; Processing and Treatment; Raw Materials and Monomers; Compounding Ingredients; Adhesives and Coatings; Properties and Testing; Composite Materials and Additives.
- Technology: End-use Applications; Processing and Treatment; Machinery; Test Equipment; Intermediate & Semi-finished Products; Additives.
- Business: Commercial Information; Health and Safety; Legislation Environmental Issues; Markets and Statistics; Trade Names; Product Announcements.
Support the Specific Needs of Your Researchers
- Subject overview: Catch up on all the important information on a specific topic area.
- Industry-specific Information: Find out how the latest technologies are being applied in your field.
- Trade names: Research trade names and find out where and when the products were used.
- Monitor the competition: Discover what has been published about (and by) your rival companies.
- Testing: Find out if your experiment has been carried out before, or find similar research to help you progress.
- Filing a patent: Carry out a prior art search to find out if a technology or practice has been documented before.
- Techniques: Learn about new developments in your field.