- More than 330 full-text magazines
- More than 70 full-text reference books
- More than 20 full-text newspapers and newswires
- More than 100,000 full-text biographies
- More than 140 industry reports
- More than 120 country reports
- More than 1.6 million photos, maps and flags
Take Your Research Further
UK & Ireland Reference Centre includes a number of popular regional publications, such as New Statesman, The Times (London), The Sun and The Daily Mail as well as international content from Time, Consumer Reports, National Geographic and Newsweek Global. Reference book full-text coverage includes The Columbia Encyclopedia and many others.
In addition, UK & Ireland Reference Centre supports students and educators in a variety of ways.
- Easy access to reliable online resources anytime, anywhere, and from any computer or mobile device supports the development of students’ research and digital literacy skills.
- Complete articles (from magazines, newspapers, reference books, biographies, and more) reflect multiple perspectives, encourage critical thinking, and promote cultural understanding.
- Intuitive search and retrieval options, including source type and subject limiters, help students quickly locate relevant resources and feel more successful in their research.
- Multimedia content (photos, maps, graphs, charts, and images) enhances learning.
- Citation tool helps students format bibliographic references.
- Users can save, print and e-mail citations directly from the interface.
- Personal folders allow for saving and sharing content.
- Alternative content delivery options, such as text-to-speech for HTML articles, help educators meet students’ learning needs and styles and support struggling readers or those learning English.
UK & Ireland Reference Centre is available via EBSCO Discovery Service, EBSCOhost or Explora, EBSCO's dedicated interface for schools and public libraries.