- More than 500 maps, including political and topographical by country and world region
- More than 1,700 biographies of important political and cultural figures
- More than 200 country overviews, each providing a portrait of the nation’s location, people, culture, political history, and economy
- Primary and secondary sources, including noteworthy speeches and recipes
- An Analyze section that offers historical inquiry lesson focused on key global-political questions
- In-depth stories on relevant issues across the world today
Enhance Understanding with Study Enrichment
Available in academic and school versions, this unique resource offers students the ability to research by region, category, and country and make demographic comparisons among each. By emphasizing the unique characteristics of the world's nations and people, World Geography: Understanding a Changing World seeks to help students become more informed citizens.
Through specialized sections like Overview and Analyze, as well as an Advanced Search feature, researchers, students and teachers will learn about country-specific holidays and celebrations and read balanced feature stories that offer an in-depth look at international issues such as illiteracy, population growth, common currency, natural resources, GDP per capita, and more.